Search This Blog

Monday, May 18, 2009

Old favorite, brand new, or hidden away - the travels continue

It's been a couple weeks - welcome back! I've been busy tracking down new customers, and serving our existing customers. In between, I've found some great locations.

The mall at 6th & 6th in New Westminster got a face-lift about 2 years ago, and prominently added London Drugs. Fortunately, they left this great neighbourhood Starbucks intact. From my days living in New West, this location was staffed by such pleasant employees, and service was great regardless how busy they were. My recent experience was just as excellent. They've added some benches and seating in the back. And if you need an excuse to browse a store, LD's is right there!

Working downtown on an early morning, I needed a java (and a washroom), and parked near Denman & Robson. This brand new location at the West corner had the cleanest shop (and washrooms) I've seen to date. Sitting out front was friend I used to work alongside at ICI Paints, and we had a chance to reconnect. Parking is never easy in these parts, but if you're biking or walking, here's one for your travels.

Another early morning, this time along Marine Drive in Burnaby. They've added a stretch of commercial buildings in the "bend", and Starbucks is prominent among them. This location is on the South - I'll add the north side next time I'm west-bound in the area. I love the use of windows to give an open, airy environment. That morning the patio had the heaters going, so I could enjoy the dark roasted Sumatra, pick up my phone messages, and sit outside in the fresh morning air.

In Langley, they continue to surround our office with Starbucks. This location is just off 88th Avenue, and while the parking lot is horrid (shared with Tim's no less), the convenience is great!

Anyone else really find the Verona dark blend really "floral". I wish they'd drop it, personally... Took a long-pour Americano back to the office instead. Love the aroma. Almost as good as the coffee itself.

Out in Abbotsford to review some business sites, and found a hidden location. It's just South of the Highway 1, at Sumas Way. You need to stay alert and turn early, as it resides in the North section of the strip mall, before the more obvious Tim's. A nice alternative if you're out that way, as exits/entrances to the highway are simple, and the drive through service was prompt.

No comments:

Post a Comment