Search This Blog

Saturday, May 30, 2009

From West 6th to MetroTown - two more makes 35!

Okay, so it's now the end of May, and I'm barely 1/6th of the way there. Not a great omen for completing this task. There's a lot of coffee in my days ahead it appears!

As you travel East from Granville Island area on West 6th, you'll pas this jem of a location. It's squeezed into a busy corner of shops, but has a few nice tables by the window to take a break and relax with a newspaper. One of these days I'll show up around supper, and try the interesting restaurant called "Szechuan Chilli" - Chinese with some heat! I love spicy food.

Just West of MetroTown, you'll find this hidden location, one building back from the Red Robins & TD Canada Trust, near Save On Foods. It's near my old "stompin' grounds" when I lived in the area, and could walk here from our apartment. Maybe that's where my seeming addiction to Starbucks began. Hmmmm...

The best time to visit here is on a sunny day (like it was), where you can enjoy the outside seating. Inside has the bar-stool areas at the windows, and one other table. Still, a great place for the daytime break, and if shopping or banking is on your list, you can take your java to go, and run those errands at the same time! Park on the second parkade level - the ground level traffic is a zoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment